Hello Friends!

Welcome back to my Studio!

It’s NEW RELEASE DAY over at Digi Doodle Studios and you know how the saying goes…

“April Showers Bring May Flowers”

No so sure about the Flowers yet, but…
today I am sharing a super fun card created with Digi Doodles “Rain Dancing Gnomie”

Illustration Inspiration…

I actually love the rain! As long as I don’t have to run too many errands in the rain, I’m totally happy listening to the rain & watching it fall!

When I was a kid, we definitely loved putting our rain boots on and jumping around in the puddles to see who could make the biggest splash…oh to be a kid again!

Memories of our puddle jumping days was definitely the inspiration for my Rain Dancing Gnomie Pairables Digi Stamp Set

Hey Gnomie!…

Do you all love Gnomes? They are so adorable, aren’t they?! And… it seems they are just about everywhere, wearing just about everything, for just about every occasion…so why not a puddle jumping Rain Dancing Gnomie?!

A Simply Enjoyable Greeting Card…

I sized, printed, and cut my images out with my die cutting machine, as always. I often like to cut my images out so I can create different kinds of backgrounds and add dimension to my cards.

Then, I colored my images with Copic Markers (full supply list below)

Background….

I cut out a mini slimline stitched panel and blended distress oxide ink to the top of the panel and slowly faded it out to give an illusion of a stormy sky.

Card Base…

So, for my card base, I cut and folded a piece of Kraft cardstock and attached the mini slimline stitched panel with  double-sided adhesive to give my card dimension.

Dance in the Puddles…

I also printed my sentiment “Hey Gnomie! When Life Gives You Rainy Days Put Your Fab Boots On and Dance in the Puddles” from Rain Dancing Gnomie Pairables Digi Stamp Set

Then I die cut it our using a stitched banner die.

Putting it All Together…

With my panel in place I arranged my images to create a cute “Rain Dancing” Scene and attached them with dimensional adhesive.

I added my sentiment to the upper portion my mini slimline and added a few enamel dots and crystal clear dots to give the illusion of more rain drops.

And with that…my Rain Dancing Gnomie mini slimline card was finished!

I hope I have inspired you today to try something new, or simply create something Fabulously Heart-Warming to bring you, or someone else, a little bit of joy for the moment.

Be sure to visit Digi Doodle Studios this weekend to shop & save their 25% OFF SITEWIDE Sale with Code

Happy Crafting…

My Supply List… 

Paper:

Stamps: 

Markers: 

Inks:

Paint:

Die Cuts: 

Misc Embellishments:

Tools:

Follow my Artsy Life on Instagram and Facebook

#artsylife #dartsylife

No comments: